Torso, spine, and hip Exercise
Today is the 4th day of Qigong Exercise and also the end of this series. Among all the exercises I shared, this session is the most important and most challenging. I’ll list why it’s important below.
- It’s most important because the torso has major internal organs. You can still live without arms and legs but you won’t be alive if you lose your torso.
- Most of us spend too much time sitting and sitting is the most constricted position. The structure of the spine is flexible, but if you are not moving, or staying in one position all the time, your spine starts to stiffen. And if you have bad posture, it’ll get stuck in a wired way – kyphosis, lordosis, and scoliosis
- If your torso becomes stiff, it constricts your organs and the function of organs goes down – premature aging
- Lie down on your belly and shake your hip side to side 30 reps
- Place your hands & knees on the floor, shake your hips & stretch your back
- Rotate your torso clockwise 10 reps
- Rotate your hips making small circles clockwise 10 reps
- Rotate your hips making big circles clockwise 10 reps
- Repeat with counterclockwise 10 reps x 3 (torso, small & small circle)
- Turn your upper body to the left and repeat the whole process in 3
- Turn your upper body to the right and repeat the whole process in 4
- Back to the center and move your spine in a wave motion 30 reps
- Turn your upper body to the left and repeat 30 reps
- Turn your upper body to the right and repeat 30 reps